Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sharpen The Saw

It had been a rough week as I mentioned in the last post, so we decided it was time to "sharpen the saw", as they teach in this book and at the boys school.
Work hard play hard!! We've definitely been working hard, so we called it a family day and went to lunch at Flancer's (an oldie but a goodie). The food was fabulous and this goat cheese bruschette was delish!
We then went bowling at Brunswick in Gilbert. It was a first going to this place (not sure why), but we loved it. It's like the Nordstrom's of bowling alley's...so try it out if you haven't. I have a feeling we'll be back soon.
This was Soph's first time bowling and she was hilarious! She loved every second of it, screaming and jumping up and down with every single pin.

Her ball went VERY slow but eventually (thanks to the bumpers) it would hit the pins and the celebrating ensued.
To be honest, my favorite part (besides watching Soph's celebrating) was the music and lights...so fun!
Too bad I was the only one in the mood for the dance party.
Oh well...
It's my duty as a parent to totally embarrass my kids.

BTW, they try to tell me it's not normal for moms to dance in the car...seriously!?!?!?!?

I refuse to believe it.

12 comments:

  1. wonderful post!too sweet!
    HI!my name's martina and I come from Italy...I'd like you visit my blog and if you want, follow me! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss ^^
    marti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to dance in the car. Especially when it embarrasses my kiddos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, I'm glad to hear I'm not totally alone in this car dancing thing. We've been in several car pools over the years so you'd think they'd have seen it w/ other moms?!?

    I once got pulled over for this very thing. The officers even called for 'back up' because they assumed I'd been drinking (at seven a.m.?) and almost had me walk the line...so embarrassing!! :D I'm like, seriously? back up? for little ol' me in my mini van w/ my two kids? Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok you are kidding about being pulled over.... haha I am laughing out loud! I dance in the car with my younger ones all the time and we sing at the top of our lungs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dance in the car ALL THE TIME! Tell your kids they don't know what they're talking about. It's our duty as mothers to dance in the car. When they're little we do it to amuse them. When they're older we do it to embarrass them. It's a win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dance in the car....in the grocery store...and definitely in the bowling alley!

    Love all the smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what? not normal to dance in the car? ALL mom's dance in the car, the kitchen, and anywhere they feel like it:)
    It always embarresses them...lol! Glad your family had a "play hard" time:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pictures & that food looks scrumptious! Am so excited you are coming to blossom! I can't wait to meet you! Is this your first time to go?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meant blissdom, trying to adjust to this dang iPad :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell your kids that it's cool to dance in the car. I like to sing and embarrass my kids, especially Eric. Tell your kids that I said they have the coolest mom ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ALWAYS dance int he car. I. just. can't. help. myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jessica - thanks for your comment on my last post. I got my chalkboard at Hobby Lobby for $7.99 and used the 40% coupon you get on their website.

    My sister got the idea from the Eyers (Richard and Linda) I love their books and ideas!

    Also, thanks for the links to books you are reading/have read - I love the one's you've recommended and am excited to get some of the one's I don't have:)

    ReplyDelete