Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Camp 2011


And he's off...

to summer camp for three and a half weeks!

I can't believe I survived the goodbye.

Honestly.

I've been dreading it for months...

and to think I managed it without any pills.



Our friend runs a boys service camp in Utah, where the boys work at a ranch and do service around the community, four hours each morning. Then they enjoy over night campouts, hiking, water activities and guest speakers. 


Jaxon's pretty excited about it, I was all kinds of clingy this week...
I may have gone a bit too far when I cautioned him on what to do if he gets an ingrown toe nail. 
Hey! You have to watch out for those things...they can get infected!



I'm pretty sure our friend is tired of my concerned emails and f.b. messages, he promised me he'd treat him like his own, (I know, I know, I'm one of those parents).

Seriously though, I'm excited for him and look forward to his letters and weekly phone calls. I think it's a great opportunity and I know he'll come back all manly and service oriented.


Little Kade also got teary.

It was so cute.

 Of course they had to wrestle it out.


xoxo, 

6 comments:

  1. You are a crack up with the ingrown toenail. Sounds like something I'd say! :)

    Good job, Brave Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh girl you are brave! 3 1/2 weeks thats insane!
    wish my son could do that...
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do the same thing, glad to hear that I'm not the only crazy/loving mom. Hope he have an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure he's going to have the BEST TIME EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a long time to be gone! I hope he has fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that would be hard. Isn't it amazing how the years fly by....and our kids grow up. gulp! Hoping he is having a great time at camp. And hoping mama is surviving too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete