Thursday, November 1, 2012

Jaxon's Sports - Eighth Grade

WOW. Do I have a lot to catch up on. I'm not even sure how I'm going to go about this....it's been so long, but I want to add family pics that will otherwise get lost by the wayside.


Eighth grade was an awesome year for Jaxon. He started at an academically rigorous school called Arizona College Prep. Best thing I ever did for him! I only wish I'd signed him up a year prior when I first toured it. ACP is such a good match for him, he's challenged and surrounded by peers who take their studies as serious as he does. 


While it was a great year for him, it was also extremely challenging not just the academics, but he grew in many areas, and really pushed himself in athletics and socially. He quickly built a good name for himself and was recognized by teachers and coaches as being 'that kid you want to be like'. I know this sounds arrogant, but I'm very pleased with the way he conducted himself in several situations, and what started out as a rough couple of weeks with no friends and a lot of anxiety (for both of us), turned out to be his best year yet.


Besides doing wrestling, he also did cross-country and flag football. My parents made it to several of his cross-country meets which was fun, especially since Kimball was busy with school. 


 The temperature for fall sports was CRAZY as in, flag football in August was 110 + degrees and he handled it like a champ. 


Jaxon didn't make the team at first, but worked his tail off so much during practices, the coaches ended up playing him quite a bit and using him as an example time and time again. It was pretty cool to see. I can't tell you how much my heart sank that first game when I showed up and saw he didn't get to dress. I felt so bad for him, but because of his hard work and determination, he changed all of that! I'm so proud of him!! It is truly a privilege to be his mom.

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment