Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Happenings...

First of all, thanks to everyone who's participating in the adoption linky party for Sophia. This weekend she had a birthday sleepover and loved every minute of it. She got a couple new purses, a cell phone and her very own camera...
so basically she's a mini me!!

This adorable shirt is from paperlili, cutest stuff ever.
Soph continues to pull it (and the adorable flame pants) out of the hamper and wear them day after day.
I guess I'll have to sneak a wash in while she's sleeping tonight.

Sophia also got a beautiful quilt from her aunt Amie
and this adorable embroidered animal print blanket from Megan Freeman...so sweet!

It's official...I'm a taxi driver! Who knew I'd spend the majority of my thirties in my Yukon, carting kids around to ortho & doctor appointments, sports and school. I guess it's a 'no brainer' but really until you're the one doing it, you can't fathom what it's like {insert cursing myself for getting rid of my XM radio}. Love the kids, and being a mom, but the amount of time in the car feels like such a waste of time...I can't help but think of all the great books I could be reading or the amount of calories I'm not burning.

So yesterday at church, Jaxon fainted while passing the sacrament. I think he liked it a little too much...all the attention; waking up with a doctor, dentist, a vet and fire fighter at his aide.
After a morning at the doctor's office, lab and pharmacy, I'm pretty certain it will be the asthema (that we thought he'd outgrown). Fingers crossed it's something minor. 

Now I'm off to throw in another load of this
and then head to swim lessons.

Happy Monday!!!

xoxo,

8 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear about the situation with your son....hope he recovers quickly.......

    sophia's bday party sounds like it was a blast!!!

    you're cooler than me....not interested in slumber parties with Lydia and her four year old friends...not yet....seems like too much work for me. like I said...you're way cooler than me. :)

    gotta ask...is her cell phone REAL?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heaven's no, the cell phone isn't real. :) She loves it though, it's a Barbie iphone and she thinks it really takes pictures, it plays music and of course she pretends to call her bff Addi.

    Don't give me too much credit, it wasn't really a party, just her cousin and bff. I'm not that brave. Plus, I'm really not a fan of sleepovers but this seemed like an easy alternative to a huge party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh why oh why can't the laundry just wash (and fold and put away) itself? It sounds like quite the weekend. Hope you have a great week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read so many books waiting for my kids to finish activities and sitting in carpool lines, LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Sophia's shirt!! I want one for me:)

    I was at Barnes and Noble the other day getting books for my kids Vday gifts and inquired about a book I've been wanting for myself. They didn't have the book in stock - but they had the CD. Why didn't I think of that?? An esp good idea for my hubs who travels a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope it was nothing big with jaxon, and glad sophia loved the celebration of her birth! so good to talk with you today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that birthday shirt AND the girl wearing it! What a CUTIE!!!

    Praying Jaxon is okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad she had fun:)
    that scary..and at church! glad all is well. Laundry..yes..I have LOTS!
    xo:)

    ReplyDelete