Monday, July 4, 2011

God Bless America & Blind Man Sings...


Happy Fourth of July!!

Enjoy this video of our blind friend Adam Bevell playing guitar while Bono
sings 'All I Want Is You' at Saturday night's U2 concert.

Blind Guitar Player...photo credit: U2.com

Adam has a macular degenerative eye disease that caused him to go blind. He is a huge U2 fan, he's said that teaching himself to play guitar and U2 songs helped him when he was going blind. Adam's been to many, many U2 concerts (several on front row), and as I mentioned in this post once gave Kimball and I front row seats,  and this time he was invited onstage with Bono at the close of the show.

Watch the entire video to see what Bono does at the end...priceless!!
Way to go Bevell devil...you killed it!!

6 comments:

  1. your friend on stage with Bono brought tears to my eyes! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful images! love the name of your blog. happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This. Is. AWESOME!!!! I like your header too *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jess! I am crying....your friend is so inspiring. Just so beatiful. I think I'm going to watch that video over and over...tears, girl!!

    happy 4th sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for Adam this was a moment! the video was great, i was standing (well sitting on the ground) and couldn't see but the screen.so glad I to be able to see it close! then on u2.com can hear what Bono says to him..my husband (another u2 fanatic) cold not believe it said Bono has never given his guitar. I also thought Adam played wonderful, we did not know he was sight impaired until we got home from Nashville! You have a great blog, you have me motivated now.I used to do photography and like you gets tiresome taking the big camera around with my 3...GREAT pics, my D100 is a dino now..your daughter is beautiful, I have a good friend in Ugwanda right now about to bring home 2 boys!
    Felicia Vizzina Brewer (on FB)
    Birmingham, Al

    ReplyDelete
  6. jess-totally choked me up. amazing. was that in 1988? were ya'll there?
    miss ya!

    ReplyDelete