Monday, January 31, 2011

Blissdom Remembered {Wrap-Up}

{The Hotel}
The Opryland Hotel was enormous and so beautiful!!

{My Roommate}
I couldn't have hand picked a better roommate. Patty from Finding Serendipty is not only beautiful, she's  "hate me" in shape, warm, so kind hearted, patient, friendly, fun, smart, humble, makes you feel at ease and has more talent than she realizes. She's a licensed physical therapist turned stay at home mom/fitness instructor/photographer & writer...in other words, she's not an axe-murderer. :) We had so many great tickle fights ha! I mean talks...I'm going through withdrawls!!

{Our Room}
The rooms were nice, and the view from our balcony was serene.

{The Perks}
To my surprise, at every turn there was some sort of fabulous giveaway. The lovelies on the right are adorable handouts from other bloggers such as necklaces, flower pins, book thongs, handmade rose earrings and homemade fudge. 



Fabulous keynote speakers: Scott Stratten and Brene Brown


{Long Time Favorites Bloggers}
Center : Edie from Life In Grace
I've been following the blogs of these talented ladies since 2008. You all know how much I love Edie, so I'll start with her...thank you so much for your friendship! Surprising me at the airport because you knew how nervous I was (in true Edie fashion). You are smart, gracious, classy, selfless, unique, brave, gifted with words and so beautiful inside and out. Thanks for incouraging me to stretch myself and step out
of my comfort zone.
 The Nester and Emily (if you don't already know), are sisters. The Nester inspires me to make my home beautiful and cozy by 'shopping the house' first as to not break the family budget.

 I relate with Emily in that she's an introvert but has her extrovert moments. She writes beautifully and incourages women to find their inner beauty and God given talents. Thank you both for being so sweet and friendly!!

{Forever Friends}
Ruthanne, Ruth, Brooke, Melissa S., Patty, Polly, Melissa M , Deanna, Shannan and Edie.


If I haven't convinced you to go to Blissdom 2012...
that's because I saved the best for last.

I had such anxiety about going, "What the heck were you thinking!?!?" went through my head more times than I can tell you. Having never met any of these bloggers in real life, I had all sorts of worries and insecurities. Besides that, I prefer to be in small groups not rooms full of five hundred plus women.

The night before I even cried out to my mommy on facebook, (which did me no good)
...she was half-way around the world!

When I got to the airport, rather than going through security, I found myself eating, shopping & wandering, 
in other words...
stalling!!

 My heart was beating out of my chest, my nose was sweating (as it does when I'm nervous), but I soon  realized, the stress eating, sleepless nights and self doubt were all for nothing!!

Most of the women there felt the exact same way,
and if they didn't,
they remembered those feelings and reached out with their motherly souls;
 calming my fears, boosting my confidence and making my
Blissdom experience unforgettable!

What I learned from Blissdom?
  • Vulnerability is the key to loving with your whole heart
  • When we exercise vulnerability we are courageous and brave
  • Never let anybody steal your voice
  • I am enough
  • I can do hard things
Thank you friends for a fabulous weekend.

xoxo,

10 comments:

  1. Loved meeting you, Jessica!! Thank you for your kind words, and I'm so glad you quit stalling in the airport and got to the conference finally :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect. Love & miss you like crazy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE hearing all about your adventure! These journey's often leave us seeing completely differently don't they?
    All the goodies and the girls....so happy for you. Glad your chose to be brave and do the hard thing
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looked like true "bliss", Jess! I loved the notes you shared at the end. Especially..."not letting someone steal your voice"....that was very timely for me to read!! So true.

    I would have been feeling the same way...I love how the other gals reached out. Truly gals supporting gals...such a great thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, looks like a blast & I'm so proud of you for being ever so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great post, jess... love the picture collages and how did you make the word panels?? i feel like you wrote a post FOR me, since we experienced so much of it together. what an amazing time, which keeps getting better as i live in the memory of it... glad you got photos of the perks and all my favorite people, too!
    love2u

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your lessons learned! They are for sure lessons I need to learn for myself as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous post,your pictures look brilliant! Such a blessing to meet you in person! And I love that you are reading 1000 gifts too. Have a fantastic day, and remember "Baby you're a firework"

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great summary with wonderful pictures! The cost was prohibitive this year or I might have been your roommate, too! Here, here to everything you said about Patty :) Good for you for going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have almost convinced me to sign up for 2012. I am friends with Patty, Polly and Edie, as we all live in the same town,and have had a couple of local blogger meetings. Hmmm I'm still quite insecure about it since I don't have any "theme," and am basically a random blogger who needs a lot of help on my site, but haven't taken the time to remedy any of that. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete