Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Soup in a Bread Bowl

I'm a lover of soup.
I actually can't believe I don't have more soup recipe's on here, sorry about that...
but I'm pretty sure after this one you'll forgive all my shortcomings.

I came up with this recipe after looking over a few others and then adding what I had and what I thought sounded good. The best thing about soup is you can add whatever you want and it's more than likely going to be good.

I also have an unhealthy love of bread...

So this meal is pretty much like crack to me...I shouldn't even take one bite.

Broccoli Cheese Soup
1 cube butter
1/2 c. onion - diced
 3 c. chopped broccoli
 4 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. sugar 
clove garlic - minced
2 handfulls of colby jack cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Brown onions and garlic in butter
2. Add liquids and bring to a boil
3. Add sugar and broccoli, simmer 15 minutes
4. Add cheese, stir until melted.
5. Salt and pepper to taste

Soup Bowls
3 loaves Rhodes Dough (thawed, thawing takes 2 - 3 hours)

Thaw dough until soft. Cut loaf into thirds. Form each third into a ball. Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap that has also been sprayed. Let rise until double. Remove wrap. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool; slice off top. Hollow out bread and fill with soup.

Makes 9 bowls


There you go, enjoy and hopefully you'll show a little more will power than me!



*don't forget to enter the love banner giveaway!!

4 comments:

  1. my that looks good! that would be really fun to make for a get together..it would sure impress. Bread bowls and all:)

    Yep - me too. One bite and I would be done for:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that looks wicked good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...that bowl of soup looks good!


    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good, I'm totally going to make it!

    ReplyDelete