Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chicken Corn Chowder and Polka Dots

Nikon D200, 55 mm,  f/5.3, ISO 400, no flash, 1/60

I'm totally lovin' cute mugs and bowls lately...not to mention my polka dot addiction. While I'm at it, I may as well fill my new favorite mug with my new favorite soup...Chicken Corn Chowder. Remember when I promised you I'd cough up some more soup recipes? Well here you go!!

Chicken Corn Chowder

Ingredients:
  • 2  tablespoons  butter
  • 1/4  cup  chopped onion
  • 1/4  cup  chopped celery
  • 2  tablespoons  all-purpose flour
  • 3  cups  2% reduced-fat milk
  • 2  cups  chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breast halves)
  • 1 1/2  cups frozen corn kernels
  • 1  teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4  teaspoon  red pepper flakes
  • 1/8  teaspoon  salt
  • 1  (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
Preparation:
Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until thick (about 5 minutes). Makes about (6) 1 cup servings.

Enjoy!!

xoxo,


Linking up with Finding Serendipity for Photo A LA {M}ode

7 comments:

  1. i am sick w a sore, sore throat and what i wouldn't give for a cup of that soup right this very minute! polka dots and all to make me smile! love the new look, too! and, um, sorry about that message.... and yes, i didn't hit the guy, as close as he was. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: thanks for linking!! love that shot! {i got distracted by the soup!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter loves corn chowder, and I did not have a good recipe....until now!

    Thanks so much for posting this :D

    xoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your new look over here at these are the days!

    Love that corn chowder...and I'm totally digging cute bowls and mugs, too!

    I think I need a trip to anthropologie for some cute ones....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new Banner!! And hey did you ever try that garden chowder on my blog, if you haven't yet, im telling you you are going to love it!! Everyone does, the credit doesnt go to me but to my aunt who made the recipe, but you need to try it =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks yummy and your photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty my dear, I'm so sorry you are feeling so sick. You know I'd bring you a cute mug full of it if I could! Get better. I'm glad some of you are liking my new blog look, but don't get too attached because you know I can't commit to anything for very long. LOL. Linds... No, I haven't tried it but I really need to!! Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete