Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cub Scout Cake Contest

It was the Blue & Gold Banquet for my little Kade tonight. We had a lot of fun working together on our cupcakes for the contest.
I'm loving these gold cups & sprinkles (hmmm, I feel an Oscar party coming on). Oh and the spray food dye is the bomb! I'm going to be buying it in bulk I think. If you have a Cub Scout and a cake contest coming up, we used these Scout themed stickers. I just took the little cupcake sticks and stuck one in between two stickers...so buy two sets. Honestly though, I got them at Hobby Lobby for about half the price, but if you don't live near one your could get them here on Amazon.
The hamburger cake was my favorite (I'm imagining if it were real it would be a Veggie Boca of course!) it looked incredible. Kade was  awarded the BEST BLUE & GOLD THEME! Woo hoo Kade!!
A good time was had by all and Kade LOVED having the support. Next up...Pinewood Derby, consider yourself warned that Kimball knows all the tricks to make a fast car so I hope the other dad's bring their 'A' game! Ha! :)

Love you Kade!!

xoxo,

Mommy

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic cupcakes! Way to go. Indy's B&G banquet is this Sunday. They had their Pinewood Derby 2 or 3 weeks ago (I can't believe I haven't blogged about it!) and Indy came in 2nd in the Bear Den. He loves to get a trophy! Good luck to Kade in his races!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes are too cute. Congratulations, Kade! I bet there were none left by the end of the night. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! Where did you get the gold sprinkles?!!! Good job, Mommy! :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! We have a scout too so this is perfect! Girl you are so crafty!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe! I remember cub scouts. My 16 year old was in scouts for 2 years when he was little. Great cupcakes girl...I'm making some chocolate ones right now. As I type:)
    love your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes are AMAZING!!!! Way to go Kade!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all i could think was what a great family time! making them together and then the contest... fun. congrats to kade!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, warm my heart! What a lovely family and a darling blog! Congratulations, Kade.
    I am a cupcake girl, and these are adorable!
    So happy to have found you!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete